Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Sunday 2008

Kirk, Kyle & Kamren....






Kyle, Kamren, Sterling, Jordan, Conner, Cooper, Nathan, Natalie & Nicole...



Angie, Bob, Shannon & Cooper....



Mr. Turner, Keith & Kirk....






Kirk showing the tree my Dad climbed to hang a swing...



Terri & Nicole...




Another Easter in Dothan!
Once again I was a little down not being able to spend Easter in Winfield with Mom, Dad, Matt, the Girls and babies. I woke up this morning and call Dad to say Happy Birthday, then Matt called to let me hear Avery jabber, then MeLeah called to let Maddie tell me what the bunny brought her.I had already decided I would not go to church and stay home and cook( there would be so many people at church we would not be missed)and when MeLeah found out she shamed me. I was at the sink talking to her and I saw two Red Birds, now for those of you who don't know about Red Birds, years ago a lady came to our church who had just gone thru many bouts of cancer and she taught us that thru all her battles with cancer God always sent her Rainbows & Red Birds, you don't always see them sometimes you have to look for them, but when she was really having a bad day God always sent her a Red Bird in some shape or form, it could have been a visitor, a card, a phone call or a Red Bird( she wrote a book" Red Birds, Rubies & Rainbows"). To say all of that, I was talking to MeLeah feeling sad, missing the babies and there right in front of me were two Red Birds, I silently said " Thank You God " you know I need a Red Bird. It was 9:10 when I hung up with MeLeah and I go to the bedroom to find Kirk getting dress for church, the boys still in bed and I am still in my pj's, Kirk looks at me and Say's "we going to church" I reply yes I just have to get dressed (church starts at 9:45). I holler up the stairs for the boys to get dressed that we are late for church. We make it to a packed church and yes may 3rd row seats were taken but the 2nd row was fine and Kyle sat with us instead of going to SS. All I could think of was that Strawberry Pretzel Pie I was going to make for lunch. Church was great, the sermon was much needed. We rushed back home to take pictures and finish my Easter Lunch for my Dothan Family. The Gatlin's(4), Turner's(7), Vowell's(4)and Eriksen's(4) that's 18 for lunch, should have been 28, Peaks, Riley's, John & Judy did'nt make it. Remember the Strawberry Pie I worried about not making? Well! in came my Red Bird (Angie's mother-in-law, Terri) carrying a Strawberry Pretzel Pie. That was my meal! Only God could have known about that pie. After a big meal we moved to the yard for the Egg Hut. As you can see we all had a great Easter. I miss my family so badly but thank you Lord for my Dothan Family! Happy Easter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!










post signature

No comments:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Elements by: Designs by Krista